Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Locator -- Adoptions and Birth Parents

I am the proud parent of 2 beautiful children...sometimes I refer to them as motion and commotion. Pearce is moving from the time he wakes till the time he finally falls asleep after fighting so hard not to go to sleep. Erin talks from the moment she wakes till the time she goes to sleep, and even then, she has been known to talk in her sleep. Erin is my little "Drama Queen" and acts a lot like her daddy, and Pearce is the answer to my mother's prayers, "I hope you have one just like you." But I wouldn't have these 2 little people in my life if it were not for the selfless love, courage and strength of their birth parents who loved them enough to give them life and loved them even more to choose a better life for them.

For those who have given birth to their children and have not struggled with the issues of infertility, lost pregnancies, failed adoption placements will never know, never know. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I really wouldn't.

I am so incredibly grateful for Erin's and Pearce's birth families. So, the next time you wonder or say, "I could never give up my child, and I don't know how anyone could." Think before you speak. Because our birth parents are my heroes. And until you walk in someone else's shoes or are in the least bit educated on the matter, it's best not to say anything. To place a baby for adoption (not "give up"), requires a lot of love and courage probably more than most.

For those who are interested, the Locator: http://www.wetv.com/the-locator/

No comments: