Monday, November 10, 2008

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

"Ladies and Gentleman," he cried as he whipped off the blanket to reveal his treasure from the treasure box -- blocks, Thomas the Train cars, flashcards, and other highly valuable items.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," she proclaims "presenting the collection series." She removes her blanket to show two trophies, a jewelry box, and a tooth holder.

With great fanfare they show their most prized possessions. Then they present each treasured item and tell why it is of such great value. Pearce's box is of things that he makes move or he makes them into something altogether different. Erin's treasure are trophies she's won and two little pretty things. She claims that God is number one of importance, but her jewelry box with her dancing ballerina is second.

We got home late today. We took their Christmas pictures at Target today. They did so well. I told them how proud I was of them and their behavior they had chosen. On the way home, I hear Pearce (my strong-willed child with an anger-management problem) say, "We are just little angels." I chuckled. I couldn't help myself. I said, "Yes, you are."

Now Erin is Pearce's assistant helping him to organize his cards. They are cooperating and using their manners and being polite. They are being respectful. This is such a treat for their very tired mom. It gives me hope that some of what we are working for is possibly sticking.

1 comment:

LeeBird3 said...

Can you send your two over here to teach my three a thing or two? I get so tired of the bickering!

Tonight, I only have one kid home: Logan. Jacob is at Murph's and Garrett is staying the night over at a friend's house. Other than the WWF wrestling blaring in the living room, all is at peace. :)